IDEA Staff and College Prep Students can change their password from any device using the IDEA Account Portal at https://myaccount.ideapublicschools.org/
Why set a strong password?
Strong passwords protect our devices, work, and personal information. Your accounts contain both personal and organizational information and passwords are key to keeping it all safe.
Use the tips below to make sure your password is strong
Use these 5 tips to strengthen your password:
- Start with a phrase. Think of a quote or detail only you and your family may know about.
- Use just the first letter or keywords in the phrase.
- Capitalize some of the letters.
- Add one or two numbers and symbols.
- Memorize it. Repeat your new password in your head so it sticks.
- MacChz = Not Strong (too short, most passwords require at least 8 characters, no symbols or numbers, if everyone knows you love macaroni and cheese this would probably be easy to guess)
- mAcNch33z = Strong (uses more than 8 characters, uses capital, lowercase, number) Does not have a symbol
- i<3m@c+Chz = Stronger (uses more than 8 characters, uses capital, lowercase, number, and symbols, still a phrase you can remember)
Ready to strengthen your password? Use the links below for a step-by-step guide
- 6th-8th grade IDEA Students: Steps to change your password
- IDEA Teachers, Leaders & Staff - Steps to change your password
College Prep Teachers & Leaders: Use this slide deck to help students change their passwords in class.