IDEA Science teachers use ExploreLearning Gizmos to access curriculum and interactive online simulations through Clever.
In this article
- Who Has Access
- How To Access
- First Time Teacher Login from Clever (DO THIS BEFORE YOUR STUDENTS LOGIN)
- Gizmos Teacher Dashboard
- Need More Info?
Who Has Access
All 3rd to12th grade Science teachers in Texas are licensed to access Gizmos.
Teachers are responsible for setting students' assignments in for rostered and manually created classes.
- NOTE: Clever rostering access is automatically assigned to teachers scheduled to teach at least 1 Science section in PowerSchool or Skyward (Travis only).
All 3rd to 12th students scheduled to at least 1 Science course have access to Gizmos through Clever.
IMPORTANT: Teachers MUST login with Clever first to complete rostering process and provide student assignments before students can access their Gizmos account.
How To Access
Portal App: Teachers can access Gizmos from Clever anytime by logging into their Clever account and clicking on the icon from their portal.
1. Go to Clever.
2. Click Student & Teacher Login
3. From the District Page of your Clever Teacher Portal, click the orange ExploreLearning icon.
First Time Teacher Login from Clever
The following screen will only appear the first time you login to Gizmos through Clever. Teachers MUST login with Clever first to complete rostering process before students can access their Gizmos account.
If you have used Gizmos before and have an existing IDEA teacher account:
- Select Login With My Existing Account
- Enter your associated credentials, then select Login.
If this is the first time you use Gizmos:
- Select I Am New To ExploreLearning to register as a new teacher.
- You will be asked to create a username and password for your new ExploreLearning teacher account.
- Click Login to connect your accounts.
NOTE: As a secondary method, your ExploreLearning credentials will still allow you to access your account from outside of Clever.
For more help logging in, refer to First Time Login for Rostered Teachers Guide.
Gizmos Teacher Dashboard
From your ExploreLearning account, click on the blue Gizmos icon to go to your Teacher Dashboard.
From your Gizmos Teacher Dashboard you can access the curriculum resources and classes.
- For more information on how to implement Gizmos curriculum resources, please reach out to your Science content leader or the Science Curriculum Manager for your area.
- For help navigating Gizmos or to report issues with your premium account, contact Gizmos support from your dashboard or at https://apps.explorelearning.com/account/gizmos/support
Need More Info?
- For more information on how to implement Gizmos curriculum resources, please reach out to email@example.com
- For support using Gizmos visit the Gizmos Help Center
- To report issues with your account, please Contact Gizmos Support Team.
- Click here to show your class how to login with Clever, Gizmos: Student Guide
- Click here for how to login if you are a campus leader, Gizmos Leader Guide
- For support with Clever access issues, please submit a support request.