IDEA Staff in designated roles assigned a Teams Voice calling plan can communicate with external business partners from any device with the Teams desktop or mobile app installed.
- Key Features
- Place an outbound call using the Dial-Pad
- Answer an incoming call
- Place a call on hold
- Transfer a call
- Consult then transfer
- Review your call history
- Access your voicemail
- Update your status in Teams
- Check a IDEA staff availability in Teams
With a Teams Phone Number, IDEA staff can...
- Make, receive and transfer external calls right from their staff laptop.
- Configure and access their voicemail, whether in the office or on the go.
- Switch devices during a call, limiting disruption.
Place an outbound call using the Dial-Pad
- To dial a number from Teams, go to Calls
- Then enter the number of the person you want to reach by using the dial pad located on the left
- Then click the Call button
Answer an incoming call
- When someone calls you, you'll get a notification that lets you accept or decline the call.
- Click the Phone icon to answer.
- Click the Decline call button to decline the call and go on with your day.
Place a call on hold
Everyone in the call will be notified that they've been put on hold. People on hold (including you) won't be able to see or hear anyone else on the call. Screen sharing is suspended, too. Everything will return to normal once you resume your call.
- Select More actions in your call window and choose Hold.
- Then select Hold.
- Continue your call by clicking Resume.
Transfer a call
- Select More actions > Transfer in your call controls.
- Then, type the name of the person you want to transfer the call to and select them.
- To finish, select Transfer.
Consult then transfer
This feature allows you to check in with someone before you transfer a call to them.
- Select More actions > Consult then transfer.
- Under Choose a person to consult, start typing the name of the person you want to reach and select them when they appear. You can call them, or consult with them over chat.
- When you're ready, select Transfer.
Review your call history
Your call history is located in the center of the calls experience and shows a list of past calls (including missed calls).
- Go to Calls > History.
- From any call in the list, select More actions >Call back to begin a call automatically.
- You can also add them to your contacts or Speed dial — all from the More actions menu.
Access your voicemail
Your voicemail is another familiar tool for getting the most out of your calling experience in Teams.
- Go to Calls >History
- Then select Voicemail in the upper-right.
- From here you can:
- Review messages and transcripts from calls
- Customize call rules
- Record a greeting
- Call anyone who's left you a message
Update your status in Teams
Staff can update your status to minimize disruption during focus time.
Tap your profile picture in the upper-right.
Tap your current status and select a new status option to update to.
Check a IDEA staff availability in Teams
Staff should also be aware of the person’s status before calling, because calls may not be completed if the person’s status is set to Do Not Disturb.
Start typing the person's name in the Teams Search bar.
As you type, Teams will suggest results, and you can select the staff member you want.
Click on their profile picture anywhere it appears in Teams to see their availability details.