Language, literacy, and culture for all learners. IDEA Teachers and Students can access Spanish textbooks and learning resources from their Clever portal using Vista Higher Learning.
In this article
Who has access:
- Vista Higher Learning is available to all teachers of record for Spanish courses in PowerSchool.
How to Access:
- Teachers can access VHL by logging into their Clever teacher portal and selecting the VHL icon from the "District Page".
1. Go to Clever.
2. Click Student & Teacher Login.
3. In your Clever Portal, click the Vista Higher Learning icon.
Troubleshooting Tips & FAQ:
Initial Teacher Access (first-time log-in):
If teacher sees the app in Clever, but then receives an error from VHL saying they do not have access:
- Please, verify that teacher schedule in PowerSchool includes Spanish courses in PowerSchool before submitting a ticket requesting access to VHL in Clever.
- Please ask campus business clerk to verify that your campuses purchased enough licenses for all Spanish teachers for the 23-24 school year. Access is also dependent on the availability of campus licenses. Each campus is responsible for the purchase, accounting, and delegation of VHL licenses.
- If a teacher is enrolled in Spanish courses AND campus licenses are available, but teacher continues to see an error when attempting to access VHL for the first time the teacher should:
- Submit ticket directly to VHL requesting your account setup.
- Reach out to the Spanish Curriculum Team via email.
Non-Initial Access (teacher logged in previously):
If teacher sees the app in Clever AND but receives an error message when logging into VHL:
- Click "Report Error" to flag the issue with VHL's software team.
- Submit a support ticket to VHL directly at https://support.vhlcentral.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Implementation and Use:
If teacher or student needs help using a specific VHL feature:
- Please visit the VHL Support Center at https://support.vhlcentral.com/hc/en-us for step-by-step guides.
Use the link below to access a comprehensive list of how-to videos from VHL: https://www.vhlcentral.com/screencasts/instructor?source=m3
Need More Info?
- For more information on how to implement Vista Higher Learning (VHL) for Spanish curriculum resources, please reach out to your content leader or the Spanish Curriculum Team via email, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- For support using Vista Higher Learning (VHL), visit the Vista Higher Learning Help Center
- Click here to show your class how to log in, Vista Higher Learning Student Guide
- Click here for how to log in if you are a campus leader, Vista Higher Learning Leader Guide
- For support with Clever access issues, please submit a support request.