1: What is Pear Deck?
With Pear Deck, students can join the lesson slide deck and respond using their own devices.
- This helps collect individual responses and encourages all students to engage and participate.
- Teachers who use Pear Deck are able to see student responses in real-time to monitor student participation and understanding throughout live lessons.
- Teachers are also able to give real-time feedback and give students the option to complete a Pear Deck asynchronously with Student-Paced Mode.
2: How do I start using Pear Deck
- Visit https://app.peardeck.com/home/
- Select Log in with Microsoft
- Log in with your IDEA email and password
3: Create a Pear Deck
- Launch PowerPoint Online and open an existing slide deck or create a new slide deck for your lesson.
- Prepare your questions.
- Share and Present your Pear Deck with Students.
4: Deliver your Lesson with Pear Deck
- Student Responses
- Student-Paced Mode
- Asking Questions on the Fly
- Teacher Dashboard
- Shared Teacher Dashboard
- What Students See
5: Troubleshooting Common Pear Deck Issues
Pear Deck has incredible potential for student engagement! But we know technical glitches happen: If you are having trouble with Pear Deck, please work through these steps to resolve common Pear Deck issues.