Adobe Creative Cloud includes all of Adobe’s creative tools, from classics like Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Learn more at adobe.com/creativecloud.
IDEA Public Schools currently provides all Full-Time Instructional and HQ staff access to Adobe Creative Cloud software. Additionally, 9th-12th grade students enrolled in the following courses are provisioned access:
Advanced Art or Design
CTE & Multimedia
Journalism or Yearbook
In this Guide
- Adobe Apps for Education Overview (click enter of image for full-screen view)
- HOW-TO Log in to Adobe CC (currently installed on all staff laptops)
- HOW-TO Download Adobe Creative Cloud Apps on your IDEA Staff laptop
- HOW-TO Use Adobe CC products
- Teacher Resources
Adobe Apps for Education Overview (click enter of image for full-screen view)
Download or Share at https://adobe.ly/2Chf2fu
HOW-TO Log in to Adobe CC (currently installed on all staff laptops)
1. Launch Adobe CC from your taskbar or from Adobe.com
2. Log in with your IDEA email and password. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Select an action from your Adobe CC window.
HOW-TO Download Adobe Creative Cloud Apps on your IDEA Staff laptop
CAUTION: Creative software products uses a lot of memory. Only install the apps you need. Installing more apps than necessary will cause your computer to slow down exponentially.
- Before you begin:
- Restart your computer. (recommended)
- Close all other apps and windows. (recommended)
- Plan to allow time for the installation to run outside of work time. (recommended)
- Installation time is dependent on your internet speed.
- If you usually have issues with slow internet, you may need to go to campus or another site to connect to a higher speed network.
- Launch Adobe CC from your taskbar.
- Log in with your IDEA email and password.
- Click the Install button to download and install the apps you need on your IDEA laptop.
- Try not to close the window or disconnect from the internet (WiFi) while the software downloads and installs.
HOW-TO Use Adobe CC products
- IDEA Adobe CC: Student Guide
- Adobe Educator Exchange - Sign in to Adobe's free learning platform and community, for workshops, classes, lesson plans and resources for every subject, whether you're teaching in-person, remotely, or online.
- Adobe Education YouTube Channel - Subscribe for instructional videos, tutorials, talks and webinars from expert teachers and thought leaders, as well as instructional content great for sharing with students directly.
- Adobe Student Tutorials
- CreateEDU TV- A Vimeo collection of video stories that focus on the importance of creativity in K-12 & Higher Education.
- Adobe CC: Staff Guide