Clever is the preferred system for instructional technology application integration. Clever automates the secure transfer of student rosters to authorized parties. This enables continuously updated roster information in learning programs. Clever also offers single sign-on access for students and teachers via the Clever Portal.
In this Article:
District Help Desk Overview
The District Help Desk role is assigned to staff members who provide support to district users. This role provides limited district admin permissions in Clever.
The following IDEA staff members can be assigned District Help Desk access:
- Instructional Technology Help Desk Agents
- Instructional Technology Technical Trainer
- Technology Operations Assistant Directors
- Technology Operations Regional Managers
- HQ Computer Technicians
- IT System Administrators
- Data Services Administrators and Help Desk Agents
- National Individualized Learning Managers
Click here for a graph detailing the permissions available to users in this role compared to a Clever Admin: https://support.clever.com/hc/s/articles/115003207803
Steps to Login as Clever District Admin
1. From any web browser go to https://clever.com/in/ideapublicschools and click District admin log in from the Clever login screen.
2. Enter your IDEA Email and unique password. (This is a unique password you created and NOT SSO)
To set your password for the first time, use the "Forgot your password?" link.
3. From your portal click Dashboard in the top right corner.
4. From your Clever District Admin dashboard you will be able to access troubleshooting tools and view the status of all users and applications within Clever.
Clever Academy and Clever Guides
All Clever Admins, Staff and Teachers have access to the Clever Academy and Clever Support Guides within their portal.
1. From the bottom left corner of your Clever Dashboard click on Training & Support.
2. Select Clever Academy or Support.
Clever Academy provides online training modules and videos for every role. These are the recommended trainings for IDEA Clever Help Desk Agents
- Clever Certification District Admin Learning Path https://clever.academy/path/become-a-clever-certified-admin
- Clever Quick Start Troubleshooting Tips https://clever.academy/troubleshooting-course
Support takes you directly to Clever's knowledge base. Here you can search for resources for any role and topic, chat with an agent or submit a ticket directly to their service desk. https://support.clever.com/s/?language=en_US
Troubleshooting User issues Follow these instructions to troubleshoot for a User inside of Clever.
1. Go to Dashboard>Support Tools>Trouble Shoot Login
2. Search for the student User by email(teacher) or ID#(student) and select them from the drop-down.
3. View their profile to Troubleshoot access to Clever Portal or learning apps.
Troubleshooting App issues - Follow these instructions to troubleshoot an app.
1. Click Access Portal as User.
2. Click Start Portal Session.
3. In the student Portal, click on the app the student was having trouble signing in to.
4. If app is connecting, talk student through the log in process.
5. If app is not connecting correctly, in the Student Profile click on Troubleshoot user login.
6. Select the app from the drop-down.
7. Identify error in Test summary.
Resetting Saved Sign-on credentials - Follow these instructions to reset a student's cached credentials for a saved sign-on app inside of Clever.
1. In the student profile, click on any Teacher.
2. In the Teacher Profile, click on Access Portal as user in the top right corner and confirm to start the portal session.
3. In the Teacher's Portal, click on Help a Student.
4. Select the student and click No when asked about backup badge.
5. Select Microsoft Teams when asked Which application student is having trouble with.
6. Click Yes, when asked if they can see Microsoft Teams in their portal.
7. Select Update credentials to manually reset their Teams login to the default for them.
OR Select Reset to default credentials, to erase their saved password and allow them to re-enter the next time they try to log in.