All student devices issued to IDEA scholars have warranty coverage provided by the manufacturer. Additionally, parents have the option to purchase insurance coverage for the school year
In this article
- School Device Insurance Flyers
- Insurance and Warranty Coverages
- Insurance Cost
- Create Your Account
- Purchase Insurance or Submit a Claim
- Claims and Chargeback
- Request Repair for General Device Issues
- Additional Resources
School Device Insurance Form (English)
Note (Please refresh your browser if the attachment below does not show)
School Device Insurance Form (Spanish)
Note: Please refresh your browser if the attachment below does not show)
Insurance and Warranty Coverages
- Insurance covers:
- Theft and Robbery (with the submission of a police report within a 5-day period)
2. Warranty covers:
- Product Defects
- Hardware Failure (must be covered under warranty provisions)
Cost for Insurance
One time $10 fee with unlimited claims and no deductibles.
Create Your Account
You will first need to create an account before purchasing insurance or submitting a claim
- Navigate to the School Device Coverage site and select the "Sign up" option.
2. Fill out the required information and then select "Next".
3. Create and confirm your new password, and then click "Submit".
Purchase Insurance or Submit a Claim
- Navigate to the School Device Coverage site.
- Enter the email and password information you used to create your account.
- Click Submit
- Follow the on-screen instructions to purchase insurance or file a claim
Claims and Chargeback
- The school/parents will only incur a cost if the device is lost or stolen and supplemental insurance has not been purchased.
- If the device is not returned either at the end of the school year or if the student withdraws from IDEA, the school must incur the cost or charge the parent if there is no supplemental insurance.
- Parents or the campus will be responsible for the cost of the lost device (except for those with supplemental insurance coverage)
- Campus will manage the payment collection process from parents following “Funding source for repair and purchases”
Request Repair for General Device Issues
For support with troubleshooting general device issues, please submit a ticket to your campus technician
For support with insurance (creating an account, purchase insurance or submit a claim) please contact customer support at :