Teachers can use the Assignments feature in Teams to post classwork, independent practice and formative assessments such as Exit Tickets or quizzes.
1. Navigate to the General channel in the desired classroom, then select Assignments
2. Select Create>Assignment.
3. Enter a title for this assignment—this is required.
4. Provide more information for the assignment. The following steps are optional:
- Choose multiple classes or individual students in one class to assign to.
- Add additional instructions
- Attach resources to the assignment by selecting Add resources.
During this step, add a document from your personal OneDrive, computer, or create a blank Word, Excel, or PowerPoint document to hand out to your students. Leave the default as Students edit their own copy to distribute an identical document to each student to edit and turn in. Choose Students can't edit if you'd like to attach a document for reference only, such as a PDF or link.
- Select a due date and time.
For more assignment timeline options, select Edit. Here, you can customize when your assignment will be posted to students and when it will close for turn-ins. By default, no close date will be selected, which allows students to turn in assignments late.
Select the amount of points this assignment is worth, if any. You can use points on any number-based scale including whole numbers of 100 and set your own denominator. Examples: 88/100 or decimals 3.7/4.0.
Select Add rubric to add a grading rubric.
Add a category.
5. Select Assign. Your students will be notified of the new assignment on the day you specified.
6. Select Discard to discontinue work on this assignment or Save to return to the assignment and edit it later.