IDEA Staff and College Prep Students can change their password from any device using the IDEA Account Portal at https://myaccount.ideapublicschools.org/
To Change Your Password (before it expires)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are unable to log into your account, please submit a ticket to your campus technician.
2. Login with your username and current password.
- username = firstname.lastname ( do not include @ideapublicschools.org)
- password = this is the same password you use to log into your device
3. If this is your first time logging into the My Account Portal, you will be asked to set up your 3 challenge questions. Pick 3 questions to answer from the list shown in the image below
4. From the Dashboard, click on the profile icon and select Change Password.
5. Enter your current password, then follow the requirements to enter a new password and click Save.
6. Connect to the VPN to ensure that your password change syncs across all devices and systems.
- In the bottom right corner of your screen a connection pop up appears. If it does not automatically appear, find the GlobalProtect application and launch it.
- Enter the portal address: gp.ideapublicschools.org (note: do not enter https://) and click Connect.
- You are now prompted to enter your credentials (IDEA Username and Password)
- firstname.lastname (do not include @ideapublicschools domain)
- Password is the same used to log in to your staff computer and Microsoft account.
- Once again enter your credentials as they appear below and click Sign In.
- Once you receive the verification CONNECTED you may begin access IDEA resources as needed.
- You may close the “Welcome to GlobalProtect” dialog screen at this time.
7. Lock your screen using the Windows key + L
8. Hit the Enter key to unlock your screen and enter your new password
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Please allow 45 minutes for your new password to sync to Outlook, Teams and other Microsoft applications.
Have feedback or questions about this article? Email ITsupport@ideapublicschools.org